Are you Spotifys new Staff Engineer in Royalties and Reporting?
With Spotify, it’s easy to find the right music or podcast for every moment – on your phone, your computer, your tablet and more.
There are millions of tracks and episodes on Spotify. So whether you’re behind the wheel, working out, partying or relaxing, the right music or podcast is always at your fingertips. Choose what you want to listen to, or let Spotify surprise you.
You can also browse through the collections of friends, artists, and celebrities, or create a radio station and just sit back.
Staff Engineer – Royalties & Reporting
The Royalty Engineering team RoaR – Royalties and Reporting – build and run the systems to quickly and accurately calculate what we owe our licensors for the content Spotify provides to our users. Being in this space puts us as a team in the path of many overarching initiatives in the company, with many challenging and hard technical problems to solve. We consume enormous amounts of data and write and maintain some of the most complex business logic in Spotify.
To effectively create systems here, engineers need to have a strong appetite to gain and use business knowledge, as well as a thorough technical insights and experience across a broad range of tech from frontend, backend services all through to data pipelines. We like to call this type of skill set T-shaped, where an engineer can go really deep in a couple of areas, but also is able to span across the full tech stack.
Now we are looking for you, a T-shaped, senior engineer with several years of experience in leading larger development efforts across several teams, laying down strategies and proactively drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. You are still actively coding yourself, but also have a clear desire to share your vision and influence on a larger scale. As a Staff Engineer in RoaR you’ll be joining our team of 50 people, most of us are stationed at our Stockholm headquarters and about 15 people at our New York office.
What you’ll do
· Be a technical leader and help build a strong development team with a culture of innovation and high quality output
· Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features
· Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
· Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
· Mentor and and act as a role model for other team members in areas such as efficient design techniques, quality thinking during development and smart ways to deploy and monitor code
· Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple teams
· Using your deep understanding of the product and our business goals, to create solid, high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy
· Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
· Lead cross-team strategic engineering forums as well as facilitate collaboration between engineers and product managers
· Travel to our New York office a few times a year
Who you are
· Have proven experience as a technical leader for a larger team or department
· Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer using an agile development methodology
· Have deep CI/CD experience and passion
· Know how to drive quality using hard metrics and system support
· GCP skills – deploying and operating services in there or in a similar cloud based backend
· Have a track record of building solutions based on microservice architecture as well as big data processing
· Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
· If you have previous experience of working with ITGC Modern and SOX-compliance (common in Fintech) it is a plus, but not a requirement
Contact and application
You will be working from our Stockholm headquarters. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of background, experience, and perspectives will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this recruitment, Spotify collaborates with Active Search. For more information please contact Mia Wretborn-Hedberg, Recruitment Consultant Tel: +46707273500 E-mail: Mia@active-search.se or Susanne Nilsson, Researcher at Tel: +46723031500 Email: Susanne@active-search.se
We look forward to your application!