Senior Technical Lead- Network Abstraction
We’re Telia Company, the New Generation Telecom. Our 21 000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the world’s most connected regions. With a strong connectivity base, we’re the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 – on their terms. Headquartered in Stockholm, the heart of innovation and technology, we’re set to change the industry and bring the world even closer for our customers. Our ambition is to be number one or two in all our markets, providing the best customer experience, high quality networks and cost efficient operations. Telia is also a leading wholesale provider who owns and operate one of the world’s most extensive fiber backbones. Read more at www.teliacompany.com
Telia Company is looking for a Senior Technical Lead – Network abstraction layer
If you have experience and passion for system and application development, programming and maintenance of IP Services, you now have the opportunity for an exciting job in as Senior Technical Lead - Network Abstraction Layer.
Transport Networks are responsible for Development, System - and Resource Life Cycle (RLC) management of the Transmission and IP infrastructure in the Nordics and Carrier. Responsibility includes Business -, Mobile - and Consumer Services and IP Services to support the networks and automation of network provisioning.
Transport NW’s main objective and mission is in close collaboration, with efficient and industry best practices, serve Telia business units in the countries and Carrier with an optimal network and service design included hardware and software for us together to reach agreed quality, cost, and time to market objectives.
The Automation and Systems unit is responsible for implementing the technology strategy, perform development and RLC management of platforms supporting the IP networks with IP Services. The main platforms are Accedian Performance Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Radius, Arbor TMS and SP, CISCO NSO in addition to in-house developed systems.
Role and Responsibilities
As Senior Technical Lead you will have the responsibility to develop and maintain systems and applications primarily targeting Transport network abstraction and automation:
- Understand the end-to-end requirements of the service; functional and non-functional requirements, and provide inputs to service development engineers, service orchestration engineers, Test engineers and integration architects
- The candidate is expected to take a lead in the development of Customer Facing services (CFS), Resource Facing Services (RFS) and also general administration of the network abstraction layer platforms and the surrounding development environment.
- Day to day tasks includes understanding the end to end network service requirements and then translating the requirements into quantitative tasks across CFS, RFS and other development work needed into the tool
- The successful candidate is expected to take a lead role for every new service development as well as maintaining the lifecycle of all existing services.
- The network service automation requests coming in from different country level organizations needs to be evaluated, prioritized and then translated into various Network Abstraction layer tasks and assigned to a cross functional team. This will be one of the key responsibilities
- You will be working within a wide range of diverse technologies stretching from databases, networking devices, servers, clusters and other components and services.
- Typical daily tasks will involve life cycle management, development and problem solving.
- The candidate is expected to be taking the lead in becoming an evangelist in transport domain automation and actively pursue opportunities to promote automation in general and also ensure the readiness and development requirements around the network abstraction layer platforms to achieve the overall automation goals.
- Additionally you will have a key role when it comes to system design and aid stakeholder in the decision making process to secure quality and customer satisfaction.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who, preferably, has a bachelor's degree in computer science or similar and relevant work experience as listed below. You are self-managing and structured, you enjoy collaboration with colleagues located in other countries and can take responsibility and accountability to secure high quality deliveries across the Telia Company footprint. We are looking for engineers with strong leadership acumen and who have the persistence and stamina to deliver quality. You should have a positive mindset and the ability to see possibilities outside of the box. Working language is English and we expect you to speak and write English fluently. Colleagues are located in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki and you need to be open to travel and spend time in those locations when needed.
- Extensive IP Networking experience of about 10 years in the capacity of a lead solutions architect, designer and network deployment role
- Experience in working in a large Telecom operator environment would be a major plus and with experience with multivendor access, aggregation and core products from various vendors
- Deep understanding of network transformation requirements and the role of software defined networking
- Well versed with Network Abstraction and automation tools and specifically prior experience with Cisco NSO would be considered as a major plus
- The successful candidate is expected to have in-depth knowledge of Network Abstraction, Software Defined and Programmatic Transport networks
- The candidate is expected to be familiar with various open industry initiatives like Opendaylight (ODL), ONAP etc.
- Familiarity with Perl scripting and device and service modelling (YANG) concepts
- Leadership qualities and experience of working in cross functional and virtual teams in an agile manner
- Problem solving with an proactive/preventative approach
- Work together with the team to secure and maintain the Service Level Agreement towards our stakeholders
- Expert level vendor certifications would be a major plus
In the process, Telia are cooperating with Active Search. For more information or for submitting your application, please contact Patrik Bergquist, Researcher, at Active Search on +46707959159 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org