Head of Network Strategic Sourcing
Telia is in a process of change and transformation, not least when it comes to driving the company’s sourcing activities. There is a long history of decentralized sourcing where each respective market and country has had a large say regarding choice of suppliers, products, services etc. An important part of Telia’s journey of change is to centralize and integrate strategic sourcing. One of the goals is to fully leverage the potential of meeting the suppliers as one buyer thereby realizing the potentials of scale in negotiations. The head of Network will be responsible for defining the strategy and driving the strategic sourcing agenda for the Networks area. This process is under transformation from a classic contract management philosophy towards a true strategic sourcing with a substantially higher commercial awareness throughout the whole sourcing organization.
We are looking for a Head of Network Strategic Sourcing
The unit Network Strategic Sourcing is responsible for all strategic sourcing within the area of Networks and currently consists of 10 people who will be direct reports to the new Manager. In Telia Company the Networks area covers such areas as Mobile and fixed infrastructure, IP and Optical Networks.
Your next challenge?
The Head of Network Strategic sourcing will as previously mentioned be tasked with managing the team and securing a good mix of competences and experience. You will manage and develop relevant strategies and tactics covering the Networks category. You will be responsible for managing the team and coordinating with other relevant functions, both within the Sourcing organization but also other relevant units who support and interact with the Network Sourcing unit. Furthermore, you will need to continously interact with key stakeholders and strategic suppliers to build and expand the role of sourcing as a true business partner.
Who are you?
The profile we are looking for is a senior manager with strong presence and ability to lead a team. A person who is not afraid to step forward and express his/her views and build relationships with senior/executive stake holders. Previous experience in sales or sourcing preferably from the Telecom or IT sector is a strong requirement.
· M.Sc. or similar in the relevant field
· Demonstrated skills in a strategic role within strategic sourcing or sales
· Management experience from a leading role within sourcing or sales
· Strategic mindset with the ability to foresee operational consequences of decisions
· Good financial understanding with documented budget and/or P&L responsibility
· Experience from working at senior levels in large and complex organizations, preferably where different cultures are represented
· Telecom or IT bckground
Personality & Traits
· Strong executive presence – a natural counterpart to senior stakeholders
· Structured and analytical
· Business minded and commercial
· Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
· Excellent ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
· Clear and concise decision maker – not afraid of making the tough call
· Engaging leadership style with a focus on developing people and making them perform at their best
· Strong sense of urgency with ability to quickly move from thought to action
· Cool under stress and pressure – instills confidence and strength in his/her surroundings.
If you fancy joining the team, apply for the job! Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
In this recruitment we are working together with Active Search AB. For more information please contact Mia Wretborn-Hedberg, Recruitment Consultant Tel: +46707273500 E-mail: Mia@active-search.se or Veronica Nylund, Researcher at Tel: +46738527963 Email: Veronica@active-search.se
We look forward to your application!
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!