System Engineer with deep knowledge of high-speed data interfaces
yDesign is looking for a seasoned System Engineer with deep knowledge of high-speed data interfaces
yDesign AB is a service company specialized in providing advanced solutions to networking and telecommunication systems customers. Our expertise includes Networking Architecture, ASIC Development, and System Software. Our company is located in central Stockholm, Sweden and manages all aspects of the design of complex integrated semiconductor devices and related software tools and applications. yDesign’s engineering team delivers architecture specifications, design, verification, and layout services for technology/IP development and post-silicon validation. Furthermore, we provide a complete software environment, including software development tools, control plane software components and data plane applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The System Engineer takes multi-disciplinary technical leadership for the specification and development of the external high-speed data interfaces of our products including the integration of third-party IP in this technology area. Starting from customer system level requirements the System Engineer develops device level specifications that provide detailed electrical, functional and environmental parameters for all external high-speed data interfaces. During the design phase the System Engineer hosts design reviews and oversees development of the system and sub-system validation plans within this area of responsibility. Once prototypes are available the System Engineer leads system integration and oversees root cause resolution of specification and design defects of the external high-speed data interfaces. The role requires working effectively cross-functional with Product Management, ASIC Engineering, and Validation Engineering to ensure that the designed system can be effectively validated, manufactured, and tested. Given the specific expertise the System Engineer is closely involved in all ASIC Package and PCB design and layout tasks.
· MSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
· 10 years of system level development experience in high-speed communication, computing, storage or related fields.
· Expert knowledge of high-speed communication protocols such as Ethernet, PCIe, DDR.
· Current knowledge of the latest networking standards and best practices.
· Broad knowledge of printed circuit board techniques, techniques for reducing signal reflections, low loss materials, signal and power integrity, etc.
· Expertise in board level and system level troubleshooting.
· Expert understanding of the use of test equipment such as analyzers, high-speed oscilloscopes, pattern generators and BERT equipment.
· Willingness and ability to keep abreast with the standards development within the field.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
· Familiar with reading C and writing Python.
In this recruitment, yDesign is cooperating with Active Search. For questions, or to send in your application, please contact Mia Wretborn-Hedberg, Recruitment Consultant, Tel: +46707273500
Due to GDPR regulations and to protect your privacy we unfortunately cannot accept applications by email. To submit your application please follow the link below. You can read more about how we process personal data according to GDPR in https://active-search.se/integritetspolicy/